Taranto’s time for Rising Star
TIM Taranto has become the first GWS Giant to earn a Rising Star nomination following an impressive performance in Saturday night’s win over Collingwood.
The 19-year-old, who was taken with pick No.2 from TAC Cup club Sandringham Dragons, had 21 possessions, six score involvements and laid five tackles as the Giants snatched victory from the Magpies.
Taranto has played seven games since making his debut in Round 1 against Adelaide.
2017 RISING STAR NOMINEES
- Round 1: Sam Powell-Pepper (Port Adelaide)
- Round 2: Ryan Burton (Hawthorn)
- Round 3: Brandan Parfitt (Geelong)
- Round 4: Andrew McGrath (Essendon)
- Round 5: Eric Hipwood (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 6: Caleb Marchbank (Carlton)
- Round 7: Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carlton)
- Round 8: Tim Taranto (GWS Giants)