National News Headlines
News Headlines, September 13:
• Fire bans are in place across parts of NSW and QLD today as temperatures reach the 30s.
• Temporary laws to protect people based on their religious beliefs and sexual orientation will be enacted in Parliament today … ahead of the same-sex marriage survey.
• A last-minute deal to help small and regional news outlets has cleared the way for the government’s sweeping media reforms.
• The police officer who shot dead an Australian woman in the US is facing possible charges.
• The US government says it will punish companies in China and Russia who do not abide by new UN sanctions on North Korea.
• Richmond’s Dustin Martin’s been named the AFL’s most valuable player of the year.